The Commandments Jul 14, 2011 0:26:53 GMT -5
Post by M U S E on Jul 14, 2011 0:26:53 GMT -5
GENERAL (OOC)• Read and follow Proboards Terms of Services and obey them. Anyone acting against these terms will be banned from Bury Me Alive.
• Respect everyone, especially staff; Fights are unappreciated on the boards and if OOC fighting is discovered in a thread it will be locked and everyone involved will be suspended from the site for a week. If you wish to fight someone exchange screen names or simply PM each other. Don't make it public.
• If someone is bothering you, contact an admin - include evidence that the person is harassing you; you can also simply ignore the person. There is a way to block members from sending you PM's.
• No porn, or any other inappropriate images or links to inappropriate images (or websites) are allowed on this forum. If staff finds any links as such the suppliers IP address will be permanently banned from this forum.
• No offensive comments are allowed on this form, ie: sexist, racist, or religious comments. Those types of comments always start arguments. If such comments are discovered in OOC the thread will be deleted and the commentator for one week.
• Absolutely no chat speak! Everyone here should have, at the very least, an elementary school education - because Proboards requires you to be at least 13 to join these sites (n0 tlking lyke dis) <--isn't that revolting? Don't do it. Ever.
JOINING• If you wish to make a deity, then you must PM the main admin (M U S E) to discuss it first. If you are applying as a Leader in the Watchers then you must research said Leader, even if you simply look at their wikipedia page.
• Please, when you create a character keep them original. Mary-sues and Gary-stues are unacceptable. Winchester siblings that were magically separated at birth and forgotten about are also unacceptable.
• One character per joining thread. If you wish to create more than one character, please post separate applications.
• Do NOT make a copy of a TV-character, movie star, dead hero, etc. Be original. Sure, they can look somewhat like them, or have a similar history, but... come on people, be creative. You have a brain, don't you? Use it, then! Clones will not be accepted.
• Characters created on Bury Me Alive are (hopefully, with exception to canons) © to their creators. Any member who rips off another members character will be put on trial, and - if found guilty - completely banned from this site. No one likes thieves.
• You may only 2-3 canons. Ocs are unlimited, but please keep them ALL active and try to log in with all them every day you're on. If you take a canon, then, yes, you are expected to be more active than others.
IN-CHARACTER• No chat speak. d0 n0t tlk lyke dis, 'k? It's degrading to you and the site... but mainly to you. Everyone on Revelation should be, at the least, 13 to act in accordance to Proboard's TOS, meaning you should most definitely have an elementary education. Members who post in chat speak will be warned and if they continue will be suspended or banned from the site.
• No Power Playing; meaning that your character auto-hits another member's character without question or forces another character to do something. Example: "Bob punched Steve in the face, knocking out all of his teeth."
* You may Power Play IF the member you are RP'ing with authorizes it.
• No God-modding. Meaning your character is NOT invincible. Every Achilles has a heel.
• No Meta-Gaming. This means that you cannot have a character that knows something without being told.
• There is no word count, but please use proper grammar and spelling. There is a spell check.
• Cursing is allowed, but please do it tastefully.
• This is an M-rated site, but please keep all dirty deeds in line with Proboards TOS, least they have a problem.
We reserve the right to revise the rules at any time